Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Hour

The latest studies, if you're inclined to believe the latest studies, show that the average woman over the age of 40 needs to exercise at least one hour a day to avoid gaining weight. Think about that. That isn't to lose weight, that is to hold steady, to avoid the, "does this make my butt look big?" confrontation with your significant other. How annoying.

As the Blizzard of the Week hit New England early this morning, even with the threat of gaining weight looming over my big butt, my ambition for going out and dodging snow plows is lacking and I opt instead for a combo of shadow boxing, push-ups and ab work (planks, side planks, yoga planks, trunk twists, and reverse trunk twists). I'll sit here watching TV, 'net surfing, building websites and interjecting these 15 minute workouts every now and then and hope I don't gain a pound today.

On the bright side, I received an email that my polypropylene thermals were shipped yesterday.

I never thought I'd be so excited about receiving underwear. I don't even care if it makes my butt look big since I'm planning on wearing something over it anyway.

0 comments: