Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Walk for Hunger and a Monday Ride

Sunday's Project Bread's Walk for Hunger was pretty nice but none of the pictures I took came out. What else is new? At about 65 degrees F and overcast most of the day, it was a very good day for a long walk.
Last report was more than 43,000 people walked and volunteered. Our collective efforts raised over $3.6 million dollars that will go to over 450 emergency programs in the state. It's such a great cause that's backed by a well-managed charity that seems to get stronger every year.

I was walking with my sister-in-law and her husband and we managed to go 14 miles before taking the bus back to Boston Common, grabbing the free ice cream offered by Hood and then heading on home. It's always a good day to help out those less fortunate and I managed to raise $140. Thanks again to all those who gave!!


Monday (yesterday) was forecast to be the best day of the week and I was bound and determined to make the most of it. It marked my first visit out to the bike paths this year. My other rides have been shorter local stints. Not knowing how my legs would hold up after the 14 mile walk on the previous day, I took it easy by pacing myself behind slower people that way I managed an easy 35 miles and can continue on with my training without missing a beat.

We're back to dreary weather in the mid-50's and showers for the rest of the week so it's back to indoor workouts for awhile.
Actor's portrayal of a week in Plainville

1 comment:

  1. Walk for Hunger was an outstanding success. Good going.

    Happy to hear you were able to get back on the bike. Rained us out Monday.

    Mid-50's! That's February weather. People are much hardier there.

    ReplyDelete